Services stocks finished down 0.1% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq declined 0.6% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Howard Hughes Corp (HHC): HHC stock is up 5.0% today.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (MPEL): MPEL stock is up 4.1% today.
- Meredith Corp (MDP): MDP stock is up 4.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Express Inc (EXPR): EXPR stock is up 3.7% today.
- Media General (MEG): MEG stock is up 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCL): RCL stock is up 3.2% today.
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (HOT): HOT stock is up 3.1% today.
- Strategic Hotels & Resorts Inc (BEE): BEE stock is up 3.0% today.
- Sunstone Hotel Investors (SHO): SHO stock is up 3.1% today.
- Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrance (ULTA): ULTA stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Dreamworks Animation Skg (DWA): DWA stock is down 2.6% today.
- Comcast Corp (CMCSA): CMCSA stock is down 2.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Clean Harbors (CLH): CLH stock is down 2.5% today.
- Comcast Corp (CMCSK): CMCSK stock is down 2.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aruba Networks (ARUN): ARUN stock is down 2.4% today.
- Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD): CBD stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kroger Company (KR): KR stock is down 2.0% today.
- Sprint Corporation (S): S stock is down 2.1% today.
- Veolia Environnement (VE): VE stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- The Finish Line (FINL): FINL stock is down 1.9% today and down 21.2% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.