Technology stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.1%, the Nasdaq rose 1.0% and the S&P 500 was up 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Bruker Corp (BRKR): BRKR stock is up 3.8% today on 7 times normal volume.
- Verint Systems Inc (VRNT): VRNT stock is up 3.4% today.
- Salesforce.Com Inc (CRM): CRM stock is up 3.2% today.
- The Ultimate Software Group (ULTI): ULTI stock is up 3.0% today.
- Akamai Technologies (AKAM): AKAM stock is up 2.8% today.
- Advent Software (ADVS): ADVS stock is up 2.8% today.
- Informatica Corp (INFA): INFA stock is up 2.8% today.
- 21Vianet Group Inc (VNET): VNET stock is up 2.8% today.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is up 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Solera Holdings (SLH): SLH stock is up 2.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- M/A-Com Technology Solutions Ho (MTSI): MTSI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Altera Corp (ALTR): ALTR stock is down 1.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Plantronics (PLT): PLT stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ciena Corp (CIEN): CIEN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Tibco Software (TIBX): TIBX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cray Inc (CRAY): CRAY stock is down 1.2% today.
- Aspen Technology (AZPN): AZPN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Vishay Intertechnology (VSH): VSH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Gamestop Corp (GME): GME stock is down 1.0% today.
- Generac Holdings Inc (GNRC): GNRC stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.