Utilities stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 3.0% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.9% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is down 1.2% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 0.9% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 0.8% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.