Basic materials stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.1% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is up 9.0% today and up 21.8% in the last month.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 7.3% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 3.0% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 2.6% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 2.7% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 1.1% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 2.4% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is up 1.9% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 4.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 6.8% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 3.4% today and down 39.4% in the last month.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is down 2.1% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 2.5% today and down 22.9% in the last month.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 2.6% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 2.3% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 1.4% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 1.7% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.