Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 2.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.7% today.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is up 0.8% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 4.7% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 4.9% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 4.3% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is down 3.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 3.0% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is down 3.3% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 3.0% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is down 2.5% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.8% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 2.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.