Basic materials stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 12.7% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is up 9.8% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 6.3% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 5.9% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 5.5% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 5.5% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 4.8% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 5.2% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 4.6% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 7.2% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 1.3% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is down 1.1% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 0.9% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.