Basic materials stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 3.0% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 2.8% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 2.8% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 2.4% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is up 1.9% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 3.1% today.
- Plum Creek Timber Company (PCL): PCL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 0.6% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is down 0.6% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 0.4% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.