Basic materials stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 3.0% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 2.8% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 2.8% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 2.4% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is up 1.9% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 3.1% today.
- Plum Creek Timber Company (PCL): PCL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 0.6% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is down 0.6% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 0.4% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.