Basic materials stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq pushed 0.1% higher and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 19.5% today and up 29.6% in the last month.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 13.0% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 7.3% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 5.0% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 4.4% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 3.5% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 3.6% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 3.5% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 2.9% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 4.1% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 3.3% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.6% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 2.5% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.3% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.5% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.3% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 1.2% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.