Basic materials stocks finished up 1.0% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 3.0% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 2.9% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 2.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is up 2.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 2.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 2.1% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is up 2.0% today.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 3.9% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 3.5% today and down 20.6% in the last month.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 3.4% today and down 31.7% in the last month.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 3.2% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 3.2% today and down 24.4% in the last month.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 2.9% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.9% today and down 24.6% in the last month.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 2.5% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 2.4% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.0% today and down 34.0% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.