Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 2.0% today and up 20.1% in the last month.
- Primerica Inc (PRI): PRI stock is up 1.9% today.
- First Republic Bank (FRC): FRC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 1.5% today.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is up 1.5% today.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Huntington Bancshares Inc (HBAN): HBAN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 1.1% today.
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 0.9% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 0.9% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Prosperity Bancshares (PB): PB stock is down 0.8% today.
- Hartford Financial Services Group (HIG): HIG stock is down 0.8% today.
- United Community Banks (UCBI): UCBI stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.