Financial stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is up 1.2% today.
- Unumprovident Corp (UNM): UNM stock is up 1.2% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is up 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is up 1.0% today and up 20.1% in the last month.
- Chimera Investment Corp (CIM): CIM stock is up 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Intercontinental Exchange (ICE): ICE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Blackrock Enhanced Dividend Achievers (BDJ): BDJ stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is down 2.3% today.
- Viewpoint Financial Group (VPFG): VPFG stock is down 2.0% today.
- Green Dot Corp (GDOT): GDOT stock is down 1.9% today.
- Bancorpsouth Inc (BXS): BXS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC): WABC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is down 1.8% today.
- First Midwest Bancorp (FMBI): FMBI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Community Bank System (CBU): CBU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Zions Bancorporation (ZION): ZION stock is down 1.6% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.