Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD): CBD stock is up 5.9% today.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is up 5.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- H&E Equipment Services (HEES): HEES stock is up 4.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Telecomunicacoes De Sao Paulo S/A Ads (VIV): VIV stock is up 4.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Portugal Telecom Sgps S.A . (PT): PT stock is up 3.3% today and up 22.4% in the last month.
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA): ASNA stock is up 3.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI): SBGI stock is up 3.1% today.
- China Mobile [Hong Kong] Ltd (CHL): CHL stock is up 2.9% today.
- Realogy Holdings Corp (RLGY): RLGY stock is up 2.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Telecom Argentina Stet – France Telecom S.A. (TEO): TEO stock is up 2.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Cato Corp (CATO): CATO stock is down 1.9% today.
- Rollins (ROL): ROL stock is down 1.8% today.
- Aaron’s Inc (AAN): AAN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Jack In The Box Inc (JACK): JACK stock is down 1.7% today.
- GNC Holdings Inc (GNC): GNC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Core-Mark Holding Company (CORE): CORE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Dreamworks Animation Skg (DWA): DWA stock is down 1.5% today.
- Abercrombie & Fitch Company (ANF): ANF stock is down 1.3% today.
- Live Nation Entertainment (LYV): LYV stock is down 1.3% today.
- Zillow Inc. Cl A (Z): Z stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.