More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Kar Auction Services Inc (KAR): KAR stock is up 9.5% today and up 23.9% in the last month.
- Colony Financial Inc (CLNY): CLNY stock is up 6.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Papa John’s International (PZZA): PZZA stock is up 4.9% today.
- Vitamin Shoppe Inc (VSI): VSI stock is up 4.4% today.
- Towers Watson & Co (TW): TW stock is up 3.6% today.
- Aircastle Limited (AYR): AYR stock is up 3.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Brink’s Company (BCO): BCO stock is up 3.6% today.
- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Inc (RBA): RBA stock is up 2.8% today.
- Penske Automotive Group (PAG): PAG stock is up 3.5% today.
- Dominion Midstream Partners LP (DM): DM stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Liberty Media Corp. Series A (LMCA): LMCA stock is down 26.4% today and down 22.6% in the last month.
- Tripadvisor Inc (TRIP): TRIP stock is down 13.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Team Health Holdings (TMH): TMH stock is down 6.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (MPEL): MPEL stock is down 4.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Clean Harbors (CLH): CLH stock is down 4.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- E-House [China] Holdings (EJ): EJ stock is down 5.5% today.
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PHI): PHI stock is down 4.7% today.
- Wynn Resorts Limited (WYNN): WYNN stock is down 3.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI): SBGI stock is down 4.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS): LVS stock is down 2.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.