Services stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Telecom Argentina Stet – France Telecom S.A. (TEO): TEO stock is up 3.1% today.
- Big Lots (BIG): BIG stock is up 2.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment (PEI): PEI stock is up 2.7% today.
- Hertz Global Holdings Inc (HTZ): HTZ stock is up 2.9% today.
- Penn National Gaming (PENN): PENN stock is up 2.5% today and up 20.2% in the last month.
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is up 2.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCL): RCL stock is up 2.1% today.
- Post Properties (PPS): PPS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Boyd Gaming Corp (BYD): BYD stock is up 1.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ventas Inc (VTR): VTR stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Scientific Games Corp (SGMS): SGMS stock is down 6.0% today.
- Infinera Corp (INFN): INFN stock is down 4.0% today.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is down 2.0% today.
- Portugal Telecom Sgps S.A . (PT): PT stock is down 2.9% today.
- Express Inc (EXPR): EXPR stock is down 2.6% today.
- United States Cellular Corp (USM): USM stock is down 2.6% today.
- E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc (DANG): DANG stock is down 2.5% today.
- Rite Aid Corp (RAD): RAD stock is down 2.5% today.
- Yandex N.V. (YNDX): YNDX stock is down 2.4% today.
- Manpower Inc (MAN): MAN stock is down 2.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.