Technology stocks finished up 0.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- PMC (PMCS): PMCS stock is up 3.0% today.
- Changyou.Com Limited (CYOU): CYOU stock is up 3.0% today.
- Avago Technologies (AVGO): AVGO stock is up 2.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hollysys Automation Technologies (HOLI): HOLI stock is up 2.8% today.
- Applied Materials (AMAT): AMAT stock is up 2.8% today.
- Linear Technology Corp (LLTC): LLTC stock is up 2.7% today.
- Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO): VECO stock is up 2.6% today.
- Atmel Corp (ATML): ATML stock is up 2.6% today.
- Teradyne Inc (TER): TER stock is up 2.5% today.
- Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM): MXIM stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Mindray Medical International Limited (MR): MR stock is down 1.7% today.
- ADT Corp (ADT): ADT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Solera Holdings (SLH): SLH stock is down 1.1% today.
- AOL Inc (AOL): AOL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Wex Inc (WEX): WEX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Pegasystems Inc (PEGA): PEGA stock is down 0.9% today.
- Rogers Corp (ROG): ROG stock is down 0.9% today.
- F5 Networks (FFIV): FFIV stock is down 0.8% today.
- Hubbell Inc B (HUB.B): HUB.B stock is down 0.8% today.
- Nidec Corp (NJ): NJ stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.