Utilities stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is up 3.8% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 1.3% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 1.2% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 0.8% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 1.5% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK): CPK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.