Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 3.8% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 2.3% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 1.6% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is up 1.2% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 0.7% today and up 41.9% in the last month.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 1.3% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is up 0.4% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is down 4.3% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 3.0% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 3.0% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 2.6% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is down 2.5% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.9% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.2% today and down 20.0% in the last month.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 3.1% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.