Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street on Tuesday, down 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Meadwestvaco Corp (MWV): MWV stock is up 1.2% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 0.8% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 4.3% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 4.1% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 3.9% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 3.9% today.
- Kaman Corp (KAMN): KAMN stock is down 3.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 3.7% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 3.4% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 3.4% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is down 3.2% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.