More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 4.2% today and up 23.8% in the last month.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 3.3% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.9% today and up 36.4% in the last month.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is up 3.0% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is up 3.1% today.
- Visa Inc (V): V stock is up 3.0% today and up 20.4% in the last month.
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is up 2.7% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is up 2.2% today.
- Pacwest Bancorp (PACW): PACW stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Symetra Financial Corp (SYA): SYA stock is down 5.4% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is down 4.5% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Hilltop Holdings Inc (HTH): HTH stock is down 3.5% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 2.9% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 3.0% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 2.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 2.9% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 2.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Renaissancere Holdings Ltd (RNR): RNR stock is down 2.0% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.