Healthcare stocks finished flat on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Nxstage Medical (NXTM): NXTM stock is up 3.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR): VAR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 1.3% today and up 27.1% in the last month.
- Medtronic Inc (MDT): MDT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is up 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Mwi Veterinary Supply (MWIV): MWIV stock is up 1.2% today.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is up 1.1% today and up 24.6% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 3.9% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 2.9% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is down 2.4% today.
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ): ZLTQ stock is down 2.3% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is down 2.2% today.
- Chemed Inc (CHE): CHE stock is down 1.9% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is down 1.9% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is down 1.6% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.