More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Caesars Entertainment Corporati (CZR): CZR stock is up 7.1% today and up 31.2% in the last month.
- Best Buy Co. (BBY): BBY stock is up 7.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Restoration Hardware Holdings (RH): RH stock is up 7.7% today.
- Cato Corp (CATO): CATO stock is up 4.3% today.
- Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc (LL): LL stock is up 7.2% today and up 22.4% in the last month.
- Urban Outfitters (URBN): URBN stock is up 6.9% today.
- DSW Inc (DSW): DSW stock is up 3.9% today.
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR): PIR stock is up 4.5% today.
- Dollar Tree (DLTR): DLTR stock is up 5.2% today.
- Yelp Inc (YELP): YELP stock is up 4.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Orix Corp Ads (IX): IX stock is down 3.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (HOT): HOT stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Veolia Environnement (VE): VE stock is down 1.8% today.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp (NTT): NTT stock is down 2.3% today.
- Home Inns & Hotels Management Inc (HMIN): HMIN stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- News Corp Class B (NWS): NWS stock is down 1.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Target Corp (TGT): TGT stock is down 2.0% today.
- Telecom Argentina Stet – France Telecom S.A. (TEO): TEO stock is down 2.1% today.
- Ctrip.Com International (CTRP): CTRP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Six Flags Entertainment Corp (SIX): SIX stock is down 1.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.