Services stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCL): RCL stock is up 6.2% today.
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH): NCLH stock is up 6.6% today.
- Carnival Plc Ads (CUK): CUK stock is up 4.8% today.
- Carnival Corp (CCL): CCL stock is up 4.7% today.
- Texas Roadhouse (TXRH): TXRH stock is up 3.8% today.
- Wal-Mart Stores (WMT): WMT stock is up 3.1% today.
- Cato Corp (CATO): CATO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Firstservice Corp (FSRV): FSRV stock is up 4.7% today.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is up 3.4% today.
- Dollar Tree (DLTR): DLTR stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Mobile Telesystems (MBT): MBT stock is down 7.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Yandex N.V. (YNDX): YNDX stock is down 4.7% today.
- China Telecom Corp Ltd (CHA): CHA stock is down 4.3% today.
- United Rentals (URI): URI stock is down 3.6% today.
- Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD): CBD stock is down 3.0% today.
- Dominion Midstream Partners LP (DM): DM stock is down 3.2% today.
- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (UGP): UGP stock is down 2.6% today.
- Home Inns & Hotels Management Inc (HMIN): HMIN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Tal International Group (TAL): TAL stock is down 2.1% today.
- Clean Harbors (CLH): CLH stock is down 1.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.