Services stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCL): RCL stock is up 6.2% today.
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH): NCLH stock is up 6.6% today.
- Carnival Plc Ads (CUK): CUK stock is up 4.8% today.
- Carnival Corp (CCL): CCL stock is up 4.7% today.
- Texas Roadhouse (TXRH): TXRH stock is up 3.8% today.
- Wal-Mart Stores (WMT): WMT stock is up 3.1% today.
- Cato Corp (CATO): CATO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Firstservice Corp (FSRV): FSRV stock is up 4.7% today.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is up 3.4% today.
- Dollar Tree (DLTR): DLTR stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Mobile Telesystems (MBT): MBT stock is down 7.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Yandex N.V. (YNDX): YNDX stock is down 4.7% today.
- China Telecom Corp Ltd (CHA): CHA stock is down 4.3% today.
- United Rentals (URI): URI stock is down 3.6% today.
- Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD): CBD stock is down 3.0% today.
- Dominion Midstream Partners LP (DM): DM stock is down 3.2% today.
- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (UGP): UGP stock is down 2.6% today.
- Home Inns & Hotels Management Inc (HMIN): HMIN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Tal International Group (TAL): TAL stock is down 2.1% today.
- Clean Harbors (CLH): CLH stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.