Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Avg Technologies N.V. (AVG): AVG stock is up 12.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Echostar Corp (SATS): SATS stock is up 2.8% today.
- Ambarella Inc (AMBA): AMBA stock is up 2.5% today.
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is up 2.4% today.
- Interdigital (IDCC): IDCC stock is up 2.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Sohu.Com Inc (SOHU): SOHU stock is up 2.3% today.
- Knowles Corporation Common Stoc (KN): KN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Atmel Corp (ATML): ATML stock is up 2.1% today.
- Guidewire Software Inc. Common (GWRE): GWRE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Microsemi Corp (MSCC): MSCC stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Hollysys Automation Technologies (HOLI): HOLI stock is down 4.1% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is down 3.3% today.
- Invensense Inc (INVN): INVN stock is down 3.0% today and down 29.3% in the last month.
- Generac Holdings Inc (GNRC): GNRC stock is down 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gamestop Corp (GME): GME stock is down 2.3% today.
- Arm Holdings Plc (ARMH): ARMH stock is down 2.2% today.
- Semtech Corp (SMTC): SMTC stock is down 2.2% today.
- Amkor Technology (AMKR): AMKR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Interactive Intelligence (ININ): ININ stock is down 2.1% today.
- Epam Systems Inc (EPAM): EPAM stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.