Basic materials stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 was up 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 2.5% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 2.7% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 3.4% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 2.1% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 3.6% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 4.0% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.9% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 3.1% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 2.6% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 3.3% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.6% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 2.7% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 2.2% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 2.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.