Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq pushed 0.1% higher and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 2.0% today.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is up 0.9% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 0.3% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is up 0.2% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 0.3% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 7.1% today and down 30.1% in the last month.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 4.2% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 3.8% today and down 24.1% in the last month.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 3.4% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 2.3% today and down 27.3% in the last month.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 2.9% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 3.0% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is down 2.6% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 2.6% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is down 2.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.