Basic materials stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 4.9% today and up 29.8% in the last month.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 3.9% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 3.5% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 3.5% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 3.0% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 3.0% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 2.5% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 0.8% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 0.2% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is down 0.5% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.