Financial stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Monday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is up 3.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 2.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is up 2.1% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is up 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Hanover Insurance Group (THG): THG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is up 1.6% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 1.9% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 14.4% today.
- Alleghany Corp (Y): Y stock is down 2.7% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 2.3% today.
- Home Loan Servicing Solutions (HLSS): HLSS stock is down 3.1% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 1.8% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is down 0.7% today.
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Global Diversified Equit (EXG): EXG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is down 1.0% today.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.