Financial stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.6%, the Nasdaq declined 1.1% and the S&P 500 fell 1.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 9.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Humana Inc (HUM): HUM stock is up 0.8% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is up 0.8% today.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Affiliated Managers Group (AMG): AMG stock is down 4.4% today.
- Unumprovident Corp (UNM): UNM stock is down 4.3% today.
- Metlife Inc (MET): MET stock is down 4.3% today.
- Franklin Resources (BEN): BEN stock is down 4.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is down 4.1% today.
- Mastercard Inc (MA): MA stock is down 4.1% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 4.0% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 3.9% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 3.9% today.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 3.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.