Financial stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- United Bankshares (UBSI): UBSI stock is up 2.5% today.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is up 2.4% today.
- The Navigators Group (NAVG): NAVG stock is up 2.2% today.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Intercontinental Exchange (ICE): ICE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Northwest Bancshares (NWBI): NWBI stock is up 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): CATY stock is up 1.5% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is down 1.3% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is down 1.2% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is down 1.2% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is down 1.2% today.
- Prospect Capital Corp (PSEC): PSEC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETV): ETV stock is down 1.1% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Main Street Capital Corp (MAIN): MAIN stock is down 1.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.