Financial stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- United Bankshares (UBSI): UBSI stock is up 2.5% today.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is up 2.4% today.
- The Navigators Group (NAVG): NAVG stock is up 2.2% today.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Intercontinental Exchange (ICE): ICE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Northwest Bancshares (NWBI): NWBI stock is up 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): CATY stock is up 1.5% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is down 1.3% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is down 1.2% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is down 1.2% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is down 1.2% today.
- Prospect Capital Corp (PSEC): PSEC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETV): ETV stock is down 1.1% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Main Street Capital Corp (MAIN): MAIN stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.