Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 3.2% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 3.0% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is up 3.0% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 2.6% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 2.5% today.
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is up 2.4% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 2.3% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Sirona Dental Systems (SIRO): SIRO stock is down 0.5% today.
- Lifepoint Hospitals (LPNT): LPNT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Becton Dickinson and Company (BDX): BDX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is down 0.3% today.
- Hospira Inc (HSP): HSP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is down 0.2% today.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is down 0.2% today.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is down 0.2% today.
- Covidien Plc. (COV): COV stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.