Utilities stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.9%, the Nasdaq was up 0.9% and the S&P 500 increased 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 6.6% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 2.8% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 2.8% today.
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is up 1.0% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 1.8% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 1.2% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is down 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.9% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 0.6% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.