Utilities stocks rose 1.1% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.7%, the Nasdaq was up 1.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 8.6% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 4.8% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 2.7% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 4.9% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 3.4% today.
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is up 4.8% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 2.4% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 3.4% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 3.5% today.
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 0.3% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 0.1% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.