Utilities stocks advanced 1.5% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 1.6% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 2.4% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Northeast Utilities (NU): NU stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.1% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.4% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 1.9% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 0.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.