Basic materials stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 2.0% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is up 1.5% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is down 5.6% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is down 3.2% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 2.3% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 1.7% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 1.7% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 1.6% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 1.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Silgan Holdings (SLGN): SLGN stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.