Basic materials stocks advanced 0.7% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.0% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 3.5% today.
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is up 2.6% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 2.5% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 2.6% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 2.2% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 2.5% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 3.6% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 5.0% today and down 30.2% in the last month.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 4.3% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 3.1% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 2.8% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.7% today and down 22.0% in the last month.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.3% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 1.6% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.