Energy stocks advanced 1.1% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq was down 0.6% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Talisman Energy Inc (TLM): TLM stock is up 47.5% today and up 62.7% in the last month.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 8.4% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is up 4.5% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is up 8.2% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is up 4.7% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 10.8% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is up 2.6% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is up 3.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is up 4.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 3.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is down 3.5% today and down 35.1% in the last month.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 2.7% today and down 29.4% in the last month.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is down 4.0% today and down 24.9% in the last month.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is down 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.