Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 3.3% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 3.0% today.
- Boston Private Financial Holdings (BPFH): BPFH stock is up 2.8% today.
- Independent Bank (INDB): INDB stock is up 2.6% today.
- Firstmerit Corp (FMER): FMER stock is up 2.4% today.
- Enstar Group Limited (ESGR): ESGR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Provident Financial Services (PFS): PFS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 2.2% today.
- Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): CATY stock is up 2.0% today.
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Alleghany Corp (Y): Y stock is down 2.6% today.
- Everest Re Group (RE): RE stock is down 2.3% today.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is down 2.1% today.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is down 1.9% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETV): ETV stock is down 1.8% today.
- Calamos Convertible and High (CHY): CHY stock is down 1.7% today.
- Hartford Financial Services Group (HIG): HIG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Progressive Corp (PGR): PGR stock is down 1.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Allied World Assurance Company (AWH): AWH stock is down 1.6% today.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.