Financial stocks advanced 0.9% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 7.8% today and up 39.0% in the last month.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 3.8% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is up 4.1% today.
- Zions Bancorporation (ZION): ZION stock is up 3.9% today.
- Pinnacle Financial Partners (PNFP): PNFP stock is up 2.3% today.
- Regions Financial Corp (RF): RF stock is up 2.6% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.9% today.
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD): AMTD stock is up 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Keycorp (KEY): KEY stock is up 2.6% today.
- City National Corp (CYN): CYN stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is down 2.2% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is down 2.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is down 1.5% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 0.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 1.2% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 1.1% today.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is down 0.7% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 0.4% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.