Technology stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Athenahealth (ATHN): ATHN stock is up 6.2% today and up 28.8% in the last month.
- Constant Contact (CTCT): CTCT stock is up 3.2% today.
- Catamaran Corp (CTRX): CTRX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Generac Holdings Inc (GNRC): GNRC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Pitney Bowes Inc (PBI): PBI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Open Text Corp (OTEX): OTEX stock is up 1.9% today.
- Corning Inc (GLW): GLW stock is up 1.9% today.
- Hubbell Inc A (HUB.A): HUB.A stock is up 1.9% today.
- Franklin Electric Co. (FELE): FELE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Cray Inc (CRAY): CRAY stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Zynga Inc (ZNGA): ZNGA stock is down 3.2% today.
- Cavium Inc (CAVM): CAVM stock is down 2.2% today.
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI): SMCI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Invensense Inc (INVN): INVN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Homeaway Inc (AWAY): AWAY stock is down 1.6% today.
- Atmel Corp (ATML): ATML stock is down 1.5% today.
- Omnivision Technologies (OVTI): OVTI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Analog Devices (ADI): ADI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Youku.Com Inc (YOKU): YOKU stock is down 1.4% today.
- Microsemi Corp (MSCC): MSCC stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.