Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Friday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 6.0% today and up 29.0% in the last month.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 4.7% today and up 20.8% in the last month.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 3.8% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 3.0% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 3.1% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 3.0% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 3.1% today and up 22.7% in the last month.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 2.9% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 2.6% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 2.5% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.3% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.6% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 1.2% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.9% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 1.5% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 1.3% today.
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.