Basic materials stocks rose 2.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.8%, the Nasdaq rose 1.9% and the S&P 500 was up 1.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 3.7% today.
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is up 3.5% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 3.5% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is up 3.4% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 3.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is up 3.2% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is up 3.2% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is up 3.1% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 3.1% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 2.4% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 2.3% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.1% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 1.4% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 1.0% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.