Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.9%, the Nasdaq fell 1.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 3.5% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 3.5% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 2.1% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 1.5% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 6.0% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 4.4% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 3.4% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 3.0% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is down 2.6% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is down 2.7% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is down 2.8% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 2.7% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 2.5% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is down 2.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.