Capital goods stocks finished down 1.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.8%, the Nasdaq fell 0.7% and the S&P 500 was down 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is up 0.5% today.
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is up 0.4% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is up 0.4% today.
- General Dynamics Corp (GD): GD stock is up 0.4% today.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is up 0.4% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is up 0.3% today.
- Donaldson Company (DCI): DCI stock is up 0.2% today.
- Lindsay Corp (LNN): LNN stock is up 0.1% today.
- Dresser-Rand Group Inc (DRC): DRC stock is up 0.1% today.
- Watsco Inc (WSO): WSO stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Applied Industrial Technologies (AIT): AIT stock is down 2.5% today.
- Triumph Group (TGI): TGI stock is down 2.3% today.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is down 1.9% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is down 1.7% today.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is down 1.6% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Nordson Corp (NDSN): NDSN stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.