Financial stocks finished up 1.0% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.3% higher and the S&P 500 was up 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is up 3.5% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is up 3.5% today.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is up 3.3% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is up 3.3% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Erie Indemnity Company (ERIE): ERIE stock is up 2.6% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is up 2.4% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is up 2.4% today.
- MSCI Inc (MSCI): MSCI stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is down 2.3% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is down 1.8% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 1.6% today.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is down 1.0% today.
- Park National Corp (PRK): PRK stock is down 0.9% today.
- Chimera Investment Corp (CIM): CIM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Symetra Financial Corp (SYA): SYA stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.