Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.9%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.9% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is up 20.6% today.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is up 4.1% today and up 500.0% in the last month.
- China Mobile [Hong Kong] Ltd (CHL): CHL stock is up 4.5% today.
- Mobile Telesystems (MBT): MBT stock is up 4.3% today.
- Jack In The Box Inc (JACK): JACK stock is up 3.9% today.
- Penn National Gaming (PENN): PENN stock is up 5.5% today.
- MGM Resorts International (MGM): MGM stock is up 3.5% today.
- Brinker International (EAT): EAT stock is up 4.4% today.
- Unifirst Corp (UNF): UNF stock is up 3.4% today.
- The Cheesecake Factory Inc (CAKE): CAKE stock is up 3.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Antero Resources Midstream Llc (AM): AM stock is down 2.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Consolidated Communications Holdings (CNSL): CNSL stock is down 3.0% today.
- Korea Telecom Corp (KT): KT stock is down 1.5% today.
- Sk Telecom Corp (SKM): SKM stock is down 1.3% today.
- AT&T Inc (T): T stock is down 1.4% today.
- Etablissements Delhaize Freres (DEG): DEG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Verizon Communications Inc (VZ): VZ stock is down 1.1% today.
- Brady Corp (BRC): BRC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Neustar Inc (NSR): NSR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Colony Financial Inc (CLNY): CLNY stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.