Utilities stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.8%, the Nasdaq rose 1.9% and the S&P 500 increased 1.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 3.5% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 2.8% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 2.5% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 2.4% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 1.8% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 1.8% today.
Only one stock in the utilities sectors showed losses:
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.