Basic materials stocks finished down 1.1% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 1.9% today and up 24.4% in the last month.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is up 1.0% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Kaman Corp (KAMN): KAMN stock is up 0.8% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 0.8% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 0.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 0.6% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 0.6% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is down 4.1% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 3.9% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 3.8% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 3.3% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 3.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 3.0% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.9% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 2.7% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.