Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 9.6% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 9.7% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 5.7% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 5.1% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 3.9% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 3.2% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 3.4% today and up 22.9% in the last month.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 2.9% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 3.5% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is down 2.4% today.
- H. B. Fuller Company (FUL): FUL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 1.9% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.