Capital goods stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.3%, the Nasdaq rose 1.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 4.0% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 3.1% today.
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is up 2.9% today.
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is up 2.9% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is up 2.8% today.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 2.6% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 2.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- United Technologies Corp (UTX): UTX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is down 1.9% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 0.5% today and down 20.7% in the last month.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is down 0.4% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Applied Industrial Technologies (AIT): AIT stock is down 0.3% today.
- Lennox International (LII): LII stock is down 0.2% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.