Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.9%, the Nasdaq was down 1.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is up 2.5% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Access Midstream Partners L.P. (ACMP): ACMP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is up 1.2% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is up 1.1% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is up 1.0% today.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is down 6.0% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 5.3% today and down 20.6% in the last month.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 5.2% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is down 5.0% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is down 4.8% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is down 4.5% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is down 4.3% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is down 4.2% today.
- Oceaneering International (OII): OII stock is down 3.9% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 3.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.